NTI Appliance May Relieve Your Migraines That are Caused by Bruxism
What is an NTI Appliance?
At Hi Tech Dental Care in Las Vegas your dentist may recommend an NTI appliance. The NTI dental appliance is a tension suppression system which helps to prevent clenching and grinding. The NTI suppression system is a small removable plastic resin device that is custom fitted by our Hi Tech Dental Care dentist in Las Vegas. There is no need to worry about your appearance because the dentistry device is only worn over the front teeth only at night. The goal of the NTI device is to prevent the molars and canines from touching and to reduce jaw clenching with things such as TMJ which can cause pain and irritation reducing quality of life.
Signs of Bruxism
Your oral health and appearance of your smile is important, but tooth grinding is something you do while you are sleeping, so it is difficult to know if it may be the reason for your frequent migraines. However, there are some signs you can watch for and let your Hi Tech Dental Care cosmetic dentist know about. These include:
- Ear aches
- Repetitive clenching of your jaw
- Chronic tension-type headaches and/or frequent migraines
- Grinding that is loud enough to wake your partner
- TMJ or a sore, painful jaw also known as Temporomandibular joint dysfunction can cause pain in chewing, and locking the jaw
Uses for the NTI Device
The objective of the NTI is to relax the muscles that are involved in tooth grinding and clenching. Your dentist at Hi Tech Dental Care may recommend the NTI dentistry device to treat:
- Jaw disorders
- Tension-type headache pain
- Migraine pain
When it comes to maintaining your oral health and the appearance of your smile, the NTI device is beneficial when worn over the two front teeth at night in an effort to prevent contact between the molars and canines. Your dentist at Hi Tech Dental Care in Las Vegas will custom fit your NTI device specifically to your bite and mouth.
- If you are experiencing migraines and/or other symptoms of bruxism, contact Dr. Kayla Mai at Hi Tech Dental Care to learn more information about how an NTI device may be beneficial for relieving your symptoms.